Wednesday 2 January 2013

Thank you PJ!

Today I received a lovely email from PJ my Advent Swap partner.
It's funny now it's all over as I felt I'd got to know a little bit about her. From reading her blog whilst preparing the swap I noted she was a very talented knitter and crocheter. I crossed my fingers and hoped she might make me something...
I loved these snowflakes that found their way onto the Christmas tree along with the colourful stars PJ made me.
 These coasters were probably the present that made me laugh the most.
You see a few days earlier PJ opened a present from me and I expect, laughed as much. I sent her the Mollie Makes kit for crocheting these coasters. It had come with the magazine and I thought she'd be able to put it to better use than me! Little did I know she already had the kit and had made the coasters and sent them to me! Great minds...
  This gorgeous lavender filled knitted heart is filling my drawers with scent and matches my clothes a treat. I love looking at it snuggled it there.
 On Christmas Day itself PJ's were the first presents we opened at the breakfast table. Usually I make the little jammers wait until after breakfast before we open presents under the tree but opening my swap present at breakfast had become a bit of a tradition over the previous 24 day. You'll note I said 'we'. PJ was kind enough to send each of my daughters their own Christmas present as well as including things for them along the way. They each recieved a Cath Kidston purse full of chocolate coins.
 I was spoilt with a lovely photo frame
 and this stunning scarf that I seem to have worn quite a lot over Christmas.
Here are the bits and bobs I sent PJ. I couldn't show them until I knew she'd opened them all!
 Whilst shopping for some edible bits for PJ and her family I visited my local chocolate factory. A colleague had told me about their factory shop - what a mistake! I made several trips on PJ's behalf. I had to test and find out why they were mis shapes - they seemed fine to me. So after much testing I decided it would be fine to send PJ some!
 
And for Christmas day...
 Huge thanks PJ. It's been fun getting to know you and making another bloggy friend!
 
PS If you fancy taking part in a swap, the lovely Lisa at Bobo Bun is having one and it sounds like lots of fun.


7 comments:

  1. Wow! What a lovely advent swap. You both must have been thrilled!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely items--they mean so much more than big box gifts! The time and care come through... you're both lucky ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a lovely swap
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Snowdrops keep fall'in on my head...". :).

    Popped into your two shops this morning....Just a quick
    look round, not a lot of time really.
    Spoke to one young lady, in the Antelope Walk shop, I was
    very impressed....Very....Much like walking into my front
    room....Lovely...!
    Shame you were'nt about....I will have to come down on a
    Saturday, and, take a longer look round....!
    Thanks.....! :>).

    Oh! And...Don't sell the rocking horse....I was told your
    son, wants it for his birthday....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely treasures you sent and received.....it was fun seeing them all, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sound of these advent swaps - the more I read about them the more I want to do one. Such a lovely idea.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. I love to read your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...