Monday 7 May 2012

Kiting around

Hello again!
I didn't expect to be back so soon but thought I'd share these photos with you.
 Yesterday afternoon we pootled off to Weymouth to have a nosey at the kite festival on the beach.
 I really liked all these bird um 'flags' rippling in the wind.
 Lots of professional kiting going on.
 As well as lots of fun kites to watch.
 Further along the beach out of the pro zone we tried our little freebie kite out. We've never managed to fly it properly, it plummets pointy end into the sand time after time.
 After much huffing and puffing and snatching of turns, each insisting we could do better, we were approached by this helpful chap. A man of few words carrying a dirty old Asda carrier bag, I thought he was tidying the beach, but no. He tied the bag to the kite tail and instructed the eldest jammer to try again as he walked off up the beach back to his duties.
 Hey presto, it worked. The kite flew. We fought over turns at flying it instead.
 Thank you Asda. Ours may not have been the prettiest kite on the beach but IT FLEW!


6 comments:

  1. Those Kites are amazing and what a kind Gentleman!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I've never been able to fly a kite.... maybe I need an Asda bag!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kites on a windy beach, you can't beat it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were going to go to the Kite Fest too but decided against it after seeing the awful weather forecast. Wish we had gone now! Glad you had a good time. M x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not flown a kite for years ....what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great time! You must have thought me really rude not to have e-mailed that the kitty bag arrived but I have been ill. I am over the worst but still not 100%. K.P. loved the bag!
    June

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. I love to read your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...