Saturday 11 February 2012

Distracted by green stuff

Today I packed the jammers in Tintin and we headed 'up north'! Not that far mind you but far enough to glimpse some snow, much to their delight. There were shrieks to stop the car, go home and get the sledge but really there was very little left.
We were heading to this little place...
Gold Hill Organic Farm at Child Okeford
to take a peak inside this place...
As always I was cutting it fine. Yesterday my email told me today was the last day of their Homage to the Hambledon exhibition. For those of you who aren't local, The Hambledon Gallery is currently a rather delicious shop in Blandford selling clothes to covet and stylish home wares. This year is its 50th and the exhibition celebrates the artists who hung out there in the '60's when, as the name suggests, it was a gallery.
The colours in the Mary Fedden works reminded me of the mid 20th century fabrics I've been saving for my sitting room. Perhaps I should start saving.
 
 I'd love to say you must go and see and so I should but sadly it's too late. So, if you're in the area, what about this instead? Kelly's next exhibition starts after half term, lino cuts.
 
Thank you Kelly, if you're reading, for being so welcoming to my children!
They got distracted by this sweet calf...
and me by this lovely green 2CV!
I've got a bit of a thing about green.
Would love to see what's behind this green door.
Next stop the The Hambledon Gallery shop where I just about restrained myself.
Littlest jammer didn't show much restraint in the cafe though.
And neither did I in Papyrus when I saw a green dress/top/tunicky thing and it fitted - hurrah!
The fridge has changed this week.
Bye bye daffs, welcome tulips.
x

6 comments:

  1. The artwork looks amazing, sorry to have missed this. That little house, oooh i'd love to have a look inside just love old houses that haven't been touched for years.hope you have a lovely sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures....so glad you made it to the exhibition just in time! The little houses look so old and pretty too, such a lovely old place.
    Wishing you a good week ahead.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that and then you didn't show us your new top! LOL!

    Lovely day out.

    Have a great week,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Art with hot chocolate at the end of it - a great day out and a new tunic too! Still under the weather here but getting there!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a thing about green too! I used to dislike it when I was young and now, thanks to my passion for garden art I cannot get enough of it in most shades.

    Your blog is a delight.

    Have a beautiful week.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely day out.......something for everyone. Love those 'farmy' pics, I would've been distracted by tht cute little calf too.

    Great artwork and love lino cuts , shame I live a little too far to visit.

    Beautiful Tulips brighten up a dull day....

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. I love to read your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...