Thursday 19 January 2012

Want to see my drawers?

No not those drawers!
My wardrobe drawers.
Firstly I must confess to a little habit of mine - the chazza run. Let me explain. A chazza run usually happens on one of my days off and involves me dashing from one charity shop to the next as quickly as I can. I'm a dab hand at scanning the rails, checking the china, sniffing the blankets... In fact I can do all ten of Dorchester's chazzas in an hour and get a coffee too.
so let me introduce you to a Christmas prezzie. This top was my present from Mr Jam which made me feel a bit bad as I didn't get him anything. However did he pay the White Stuff loads of dosh for it? No (and no he's not a shoplifter either). It was an impulse buy. Hanging on the rail outside Leonard Cheshire marked at £1!!! Yes just a one, no zeros at all.
I rather like it and when I let you take a peak in my drawers you'll see why. See I have a bit of a turquoisey blue thing going on...
... alongside the green habit...
...and just occasionally I let a smidge of pink and brown in.
So, now you're acquainted with my wardrobe you'll understand the chazza ecstasy I experienced a few weeks ago. I was doing my weekly chazza run. Popped into Feral Cat Care and the lady was cooing over a bag of donations. As I squeezed past (very small shop) she looked me up and down and asked if I'd like to see what she'd just been given. Well I found out what all the cooing was about. A bin bag full of gorgeous clothes from Boden, White Stuff, Monsoon etc. Best of all most of it matched my colour drawers and was my size. She told me I could take my pick at £3 an item! I did have a wicked thought about buying the lot and putting it on Ebay but that would not be in the chazza spirit. So I put a load by and headed for the cashpoint. This is what I bought...
So you see I wear green with turquoise, turquoise with brown, brown with a smidge of pink and pink with green. My wardrobe goes full circle! So a big thank you Mrs Donator whoever you are, you have very good taste. Just keep donating please!
Got a bit carried away with the clothes photographs. I love all the embelishments.
Today I went to Bridport to look at my blue surprise and was not disappointed. I have a half written blog post that the blue 'one' will fit into nicely but will keep you wondering for now...
So for today's bargain - a lovely green linen dress from the Scope shop in Bridport.
Bit chilly for today but got me thinking Spring thoughts so I bought some flowers and bulbs for my fridge.
 And today in the bathroom mirror I'm wearing green and pink (to match?).

10 comments:

  1. Oooh, lovely chazza hauls there! I'm super jealous! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you lucky thing ! Love all of it and you are very lucky having ten chazza shops near you. I only have two :(
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness pretty lady, how darn cute are all your clothes. You are just too organised- I feeling so ashamed as I scan around my room. OOh your header is just scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I raid your drawers..I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should see my wardrobe...looks like a jumble sale massacre!!! I am in awe of you colour co-ordinating skills and you shifty charity shop buys, lucky you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, I LOVE that phrase "chazza run" I am So going to adopt that. We've got 9 here in my town, and I do just what you described when I get chance!
    We have v similar taste in clothes, i too have oodles of turquoise and green garments. Lots of colourful stripes too. I adore white stuff, shame it's so pricey and have never found any in my chazza shops. I've found quite a bit of fat face though!
    Loving your blog...off to pootle a bit!
    Lucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    ps your comment on my blog about the cat food tin really made me laugh :o) xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh lovely lovely, well done!! It's worrying and vexing how some folk have more money than sense tho' ?!? I love your colour co-ordinated drawers (is it ok to say that out loud?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only have 2 CS near where I work & they're not very good..... jealous of your fantastic finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Wow! We don't get anything like that here!
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely buys. You obviously have a keen eye.I love how you colour coordinate your drawers.Those colours are my favourites too.It does make you wonder why the original owners part with such good stuff doesnt it?

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. I love to read your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...